Paul's Jaguar confirms their POOR WORKMANSHIP by Splicing a piece of leather to repair their Modification to a Jaguar XJS Center Console.Paul's Jaguar blames their POOR WORKMANSHIP on their customers inability to install their Modified console so it hides their Modification which exposes the raw leather edge.

Paul;s Jaguar solution is to Splice a piece of leather instead of doing a professional job and recovering the item. According to Paul's Jaguar, "...

the alteration may be noticeable only under a magnifying glass." As one can see in the picture, you don't need a magnifying glass to see the POOR WORKMANSHIP of Paul's Jaguar.I would not recommend Paul's Jaguar to anyone wanting quality work, not to mention Paul's Jaguar customer service is just as poor.

Had an Experience with Pauls Jaguar?

Comments

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #226038

Hey Buddy: This modification stuff you are complaining about makes no sense at all.Pauls Jaguar have redone 3 consoles over the years for my Jaguars, a 1988 and 1995 XJS + my 1986 Vanden Plas XJ6.

Never had any issues with any of them, all were perfect, an opinion heard here and every place else Jaguar trim work is discussed. If they are all done the same, why would yours need to be different to all the rest?

If you didn't know how to install the console correctly, why take it out yourself?You sound full of it.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #226028

:) New rug set, new replacement leather for the driver's seat, a new top and a new lid for the consle - the whole works from Pauls Jaguar! Their work quality and attention to me as a customer was top shelf. These guys ARE all they are cracked up to be and some!!!!!

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #213179

;) This guy 'necar' sounds full of it - he even tries to distort the comment made by someone else. Sticking one of Pauls jags business cards in a photo don't mean diddley. I've never done business with Pauls, but enough people sing their praises to the rooftops on Jaguar forums so it doesn't seem kosher for one guy to be complaining so badly - what do Pauls Jag have to say about it?

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #210153

Recently I ordered a replacement new console/cupholder lid from Paul's Jaguar for my '01 XK8.Not only was their workmanship 100% perfect, but I received the lid within 2 days, which is unbelievable service.

Also Paul's Jaguar gave it to me for less than half the price I was quoted at the dealer.

These guys really are as good as they are made out to be, so buy with confidence!Zak, Potomac, MD.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #207908

Good evening - my own jag is a 1993 XJS convertible without rear seats.A previous owner must have removed one of those early mobile phones from the center section {console?} between the seats which left several ugly holes.

On recommendations from net chatrooms, I sent the whole console to Pauls Jaguar in Florida for recovering in fresh Jaguar barley leather. Just had it returned and put it back in the car today - it looks a million dollars of perfection.

For 400-odd bucks I couldn't be happier - Pauls gave me quality workmanship at it's best right down to the lines of stitches along the top edges.Best, Brian.

Mala Danylivka, Kharkiv, Ukraine #207819

javascript:ac_smilie(':?') It’s refreshing to know that other people have had positive experiences with Paul’s Jaguar.Unfortunately, this was not the case for me.

I, like many Jaguar enthusiasts, am restoring my Jaguar to compete in Concours and want to purchase the highest quality replacement parts. I was assured by Paul’s Jaguar, they had purchased all of the remaining original Jaguar leather and their work was second to none. I must agree with one of the comments describing it as basically “ a chunk of leather”. The splice in the console does not resemble anything close to Concours quality.

To date I have not received a replacement console, nor any type of apology.If and when I do, I will be sure to post it.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #207399

:)Not my experience at all!Known these guys at Paul's Jaguar for almost as long as they have been in business, at least going back to when they called themselves Pauls Discount Jaguar Parts or something like that.

Great service, honest as the day is long, very knowledgable and simply the best for Jag parts.Thank you Paul's Jaguar!

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #207112

I offered my 2 cents on a similar posting from you elsewhere on this same subject.In looking at my 1996 XJS, the top edge of the console in my car is completely hidden by the clock panel above, so you may not have a problem at all.

I haven't had personal dealings with Paul's Jaguar, but they seem to be one-stop shopping for all things XJS with many of their clients becoming raving fans; this judging by number of Jag owners offering the highest praise for their handiwork on the internet.Regards, Chuck

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #207073

The guy who handles the trim work within Pauls Jaguar is sought after by seemingly every classic car owner in Florida.He continually turns out work of the highest order, which is why so many of the best Jaguars for sale on ebay and locally proudly state 'interior by Paul's Jaguar'.

They did a wonderful job redoing the interior on my 99.9-point XJ6C some years ago, and since then I've recommended their work to many Jag owners who have all been as happy as I was.

Same goes for all work turned out by Paul's Jaguar - heck, their main technician was the Project Engineer for the Williams Formula 1 race team.Tom.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #206946

:) Taking a photograph of a business card alongside achunk of leather or other material doesn't really prove much does it?I have 2 show-winning Jaguar XJS cars, both of which have been renovated to the highest standard by Pauls Jaguar.

I've been a very happy customer for approx 8 years, and have to say I've witnessed first hand how they are truly obsessive about doing right by their customers. As well as seats and carpets, both of my cars needed the center consoles recovered, which was carried out to perfection. I was able to install both consoles without any problems at all. I've spent many hours watching their skilled employees at work, and also know that even now, no interior part is fitted on site or shipped without being personally checked by the company's owner.

In business, it's generally unrealistic to expect to please every single customer, so maybe unfortunately you may be the exception.In view of their fabulous reputation, I'd be curious to hear their side of the story!